Faculty of Education
Dean, Faculty of Education
In accordance with GFC regulations, a Dean Selection Committee has been established for the Faculty of Education.
It is my pleasure to announce to you, the members of the 2016-2017 Dean Selection Committee, Faculty of Education. Please see Committee Membership list, below.
As its first action, the Selection Committee asks for your advice and opinion on the leadership needs of the Faculty in the years ahead and any other key issues. You are urged to express your views on the priorities, current issues, and the future direction of the Faculty. All feedback will be collected on a consultation form, and may be shared with the Selection Committee. To facilitate the Committee’s work, please submit your comments by Wednesday, September 14, 2016.
We encourage you to nominate individuals who you feel would be suitable candidates. In addition, individuals who wish to stand as candidates are invited to apply.
The selection of a Dean is vital to the success of the Faculty. I therefore ask you all to take the time to give some thought to the future of this Faculty. Your views are important to us.
Thank you for your assistance.
- Steven Dew, Provost and Vice President (Academic), Chair
- Lorne Babiuk, Vice-President (Research)
- John Nychka, Faculty of Graduate Studies and Research
- George Buck, Faculty of Education
- Dip Kapoor, Faculty of Education
- Carla Peck, Faculty of Education
- Cathy Adams, Faculty of Education
- Dinesh Rathi, Faculty of Education
- Dwayne Donald, Faculty of Education
- Samantha Volk, Undergraduate Student
- Amanda Radil, Graduate Student
- Grace Jamieson, Support Staff
- Sherry Woitte, Sessional Teaching Staff
- Yvonne Norton, Continuing Academic Staff
- Richard Spelliscy, College of Alberta Psychologists
- Dennis Theobald, Alberta Teachers’ Association
- Pirkko Markula, GFC Representative
|Contact the Dean Search Consultant
Odgers Berndtson is the search firm supporting the Dean Selection Committee. Please contact their consultant directly with your questions, applications or nominations.
Colleen Keenan, Toronto
Selection and Review Coordinator